Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wandering Writing

I've written a few things that have come out in other places! So, like a true lazy blogger I'm going to make this post a list of links to my other things!

Footnotes is the official newsletter of the ALA New Members Round Table.  For their May 2011 issue I expanded a bit on my previous post about online portfolios and did a web review of three tools, Google Sites, Wix and Weebly.  Check it out and get started on your own! 



An article I wrote back in December 2010 has been published in the Spring 2011 Issues in Science & Technology Librarianship.  The article is about how blogs are being used by scientists today and the pros and cons of doing so.  An article describing blogs seems very meta and mildly circuitous but I had fun writing it!


Two of my coworkers have a blog, Library Tech Talk, which features practical application of technology in libraries.  I did a guest post for them titled "Presenting with Prezi" which goes over a few of the features of Prezi and ways to use it in the library.

I'll be heading to ALA 2011 in New Orleans soon!  Typically I'll live tweet some of the sessions I am attending.  So, before I leave I will post about a few of the sessions I plan to attend.  Feel free to connect with me, @LibrarianLaks , and safe travels to anyone headed to NOLA too!

No comments:

Post a Comment